Friday, June 21, 2013

The Hillbilly Coop

Well now the chicks are four weeks old.

They still like to sit on the water bottle.

Somebody needs to clean this box!


Look at all my pretty feathers.

My legs are also turning blue!


Well, since the chicks are getting older, the box is getting smaller.
I plan on buying a ready made coop but haven't gotten it yet.
So I needed to come up with a temporary place for the chickens during the day.
Using the area under the stairs at the fort I started working.
 I gathered up all the odds and ends I could to make a makeshift coop.
Different screens, fence pickets, whatever was available. 
I used old shutters as a way to get into the coop. I call them sliders.

It's pretty isn't it. All it needs is a rusty car on blocks beside of it.


Another lovely view.


But the girls seem to really like it.
And that's all that matters.


This is Slippers at four weeks old.
Isn't she cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment