Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring around the house.

Thought I'd share a few spring ideas I have around my house.
This is a hutch my father made me years ago.
It originally had glass doors which I removed quite a while back.
And until recently it was all wood finished.
Wood, wood, wood. I don't know about you, but I get tired of so much wood.
 So I decided to add a little color to the back.
I removed everything I'd had previously and replaced it with
less things and more seasonal items.


These are rabbit plates that I got at Goodwill years ago for a song.
And the rabbits I got at Hobby Lobby many years ago.
As you can tell I keep things for a long time.


A close up of Miss Rabbit.


This vase was one I bought long ago and gave to my mom for Easter.
Not long ago she gave it back to me.
I always loved that vase.


Here's a little set-up I put on a small table
that I'd bought at a thrift store and did a crackle finish on.
I love birds.


This is my spring mantel.
I told you I loved birds!

A close up.


This is an Easter wreath I made about 30 years ago.
I got some grapevine from the woods and made a
couple of circles to form a ring.
Then I made a bunch of bunnies and eggs from scrapes
of material and different trims.
I then attached them to the wreath and added Easter grass in between.
I have to say I think it's held up quite well over the years.


Here's a little close up.


Hope you enjoyed a little spring time from my house.
Happy Spring everyone!


See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come...
Song of Songs 2:11,12

1 comment:

  1. I never knew how you made that wreath-how neat! Everything looks great! And all your pictures are really good-nice and bright with the natural lighting :-)

    ReplyDelete