Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rooster Surprise!

Look at the pictures of this cute chick.
Her name is Biscuit.

I can't wait until she lays eggs.

This is what she'll look like when she's grown.

But , I learned otherwise a few weeks ago when she CROWED!!!
She's 9 weeks old.

I had visited the chickens and was walking away when I heard it.
That sound that I didn't want to hear.
That crowing sound.
I said oh no and turned around and there she was, just a crowing.
I held out hope that she was confused, but after a couple of weeks
it's official. She's a he.
A Beautiful Rooster.
Enjoy his beauty in these pics. 

I call these his clown feet.

At least his name is gender neutral.

 I knew there was a 50/50 chance he wasn't a hen because they can't sex bantam chicks
because they're too little.
I have nothing against roosters.
It's just I have 2 more bantams that are in question of hen or rooster
and I've heard multiple roosters can be a problem.
My chickens are pets and I don't want to have to get rid of any.
I should know in a couple of weeks about the other two.
I love my rooster, but I'm hoping they are hens.

Ain't I a Beaut!

For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment