Saturday, June 25, 2016

NEW LIFE FOR AN OLD COUCH

Over thirty years ago my husband and I bought our first couch.
At the time it was covered in brown and peach plaid.
What were we thinking!
Then when we moved into our next house we had it covered
in this blue fabric.  It's been that way for thirty years.
It's lived in many different places. First was our great room.
Then in our basement for many years.
 Then it was moved onto our glassed in back porch.
Next it was moved into the log cabin I redid for my dad last year.
Ever since we had our open porch built I have wanted a couch out there.
Outdoor couches are expensive. So I started thinking about other alternatives.
It finally occurred to me that I had the very thing up at the cabin.
So I became an indian giver and moved it back down to my house.
The move itself would have been a funny video.
This thing is solid oak and very very heavy.
So an old man, (my dad), an old lady(me) and my daughter
tackled this thing with an old thirty something truck.
Well we got it moved and I couldn't be happier.
Here's a look see at it in place.


We are really enjoying it out there and it provides a lot of seating.



Here's a few more views of the porch.
Side views.





It's also great for napping :)


 And with ceiling fans it stays pretty comfortable heat wise.


The other end of the porch.


 And when I'm sitting on the couch these are some of my views.
This one is of the chicken coop and run
and the kids playhouse.


This is the pergola covered in muscadine vines
with the fort in the background.


This is the rest of the open patio and my little garden to the left.


Thus ends the tour of my back porch with my old couch.
I do have plans to change up the couch a little.
I plan on painting the frame white at some point. (this summer)
And maybe in a few years recovering the cushions.
Now
I think it's time for a nap :)


Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them.


He replied, "What is impossible with men
is possible with God."

Luke 18:27

13 comments:

  1. Your porch is wonderful and the couch looks great there. It provides a lot of seating and I am use is much more comfortable than any outdoor furniture you could have purchased. My question now is, what does poor Dad have to sit on? I'm sure you didn't leave him without a comfy spot :) Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch is beautiful, Lyn! Love how you styled the couch :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your porch! That would be a great place to nap, for sure! Thanks for sharing!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for Crafts, Recipes, and Tips and Tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely porch, looks so inviting and a great place for lots of conversation!!Perfect for sharing on the Oh My Heartsie Girls WW this week, thank you for cropping by!
    Have a wonderful 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is so much fun. I hope some day to have a great porch that I can decorate. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your porch looks so inviting! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT idea! I have been searching for a sofa type piece of furniture for my deck but didn't want to spend $1000+ and this would solve my problem nicely!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and your porch! I so wish we had a covered porch/patio...thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xokathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sitting area!! Love the porch and the couch made for so much extra seating I'm sure. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. แทงบอลออนไลน์ ที่ได้รับความนิยมเป็นอันดับต้นๆ ของทวีปเอเชีย พร้อมให้บริการ 24 ชั่วโมง ให้นักเดิมพันได้เข้ามาร่วมลุ้นรับรางวัลจากเว็บไซต์ sbobet ไปได้อย่างง่ายๆ นอกจากนี้ ยังสามารถทำการ ฝาก-ถอน เงินได้แบบที่ไม่มีการจำกัดขั้นต่ำ เพื่อความสะดวกสบายของนักเดิมพันที่สามารถจะลงเดิมพันผ่านได้หลากหลายช่องทางโดยไม่ต้องกังวลถึงเรื่องค่าใช้จ่ายส่วนต่างแม้แต่อย่างใด เว็บแทงบอลที่ดีที่สุด การันตีการทำงานจากทีมงานระดับคุณภาพ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic article. For information abot best office chair click here go to my site.

    ReplyDelete