Monday, June 23, 2014

How to repurpose an old fountain.




Want to know what to do with an old fountain
past its prime. 


Make a succulent garden.
All you do is add some plants and a little art.
I added some extra holes even though it already leaked.


Of course we have to have some hens and chicks.


I don't know what the name of this is but it will come back every year.
It gets tiny little pink flowers on it.
Plus the leaves turn pink in the fall.


A few more succulents.
 And of course you have to add some old cement  birds.
You can tell these have been around for a long time.
They seem to like it there.
They are my shabby chic birds.
 Hello.

And ta-da. Here it is. 
It wintered over last year and did great.
I don't have to water it or do any kind of maintenance
other than pull the occasional weed.


And there you have it. A great way to repurpose 
an old leaky fountain.

This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Succulents are my favorite, and this is such a pretty way to display them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fountain planter. I've done a similar one too. I'm visiting from Catch as Catch Can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I wonder if the succulents will survive midwest winters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable.....and easier than having to keep it cleaned so BLOOD SUCKERS or Skeeters don't lay eggs in the water. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Lyn.....I adore succulants! Please do come over and share this post this week at Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party! Hope to see you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea, I have an abundance of succulents throughout my garden, this would be a fun project. I love the way your old fountain looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely! Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete