Sunday, June 7, 2015

THE CABIN - PART 3 & 4

It's taken a while to complete this project of redoing the cabin.
With my job of flipping a house, trying to keep my house
in order and most important of all
the arrival of a new grandson, it's taken a little longer then I expected.
Well, I'm finally ready to reveal the kitchen and porch do overs. 
If you want to see the before pictures you can see them here.
First, lets enter the kitchen from the living room shall we.
Another beautiful turquoise door. :)


This is stepping into the kitchen and the view out the back door.



If you turn to your left you see the dining area of the kitchen.
I left the log wall natural. This was the back on the outside of the cabin
before the kitchen was added.
The glass cabinet my dad made many years ago.
The small piece against the wall is called a honey cupboard. He made that too.
The dining table top is very old, but on a more recent table base.
All of the chairs are old odds and ends in design but have been refinished
and had new bottoms woven in. By my dad of course.



 To the right of the door way is the wood cook stove .
The red and white table is around 70 years old. My parents used it in there first
house when they got married.
Under the back wall window is a dry sink my dad made.


This is looking toward the door that leads back into the living room.


 Here's a closer look of the dry sink at the kitchen window.
Old pottery and enamel pots fill the shelves.


Here's a close up of the old wood cook stove.
It still works and heats up really well.


Now we'll move on to the refreshed front porch.


A little cleaning and decluttering really improves the look.
Don't you think?


And here's the reason this whole project was done.
My dad.
Doesn't he look relaxed and comfortable?


I love this man.:)


I hope you've enjoyed coming along on this journey
of redoing the cabin.
THE END:)

If you'd like to see part 2 you can click here.


I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13
















13 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I really love the front porch. Looks like the perfect place for family to gather on a summer evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous project and yes your Dad looks so comfortable sitting on the front porch. It is wonderful that you have restored this cabin and that now you have a piece of American history in livable condition. What a great guest house this would make . . . and I Love, Love, Love that wood stove in the kitchen. I'm super impressed with your cabin:)
    Have a great week.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have huge stove envy! Thanks for posting. Hello from Mostly Homemade Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was such a nice thing you did for your dad and i love the results,thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful job you have done with the cabin, I'm sure your Dad love it. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stove is amazing! Very charming cabin! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - that stove !!!
    And the porch with the swing - it's all so charming !

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much charm! What treasures you have in those pieces your dad made...so special! Your dad looks so sweet sitting on the porch, great picture!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That looks incredible. I’m so impressed. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you stopping by to party with us. We hope to see you, tonight at 7 pm. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Goodness!!!! I love your house!! It's so fabulous! Perfect in every way :-)
    Thanks for sharing on the Homestead Blog Hop. I hope we see you again today. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute cabin!! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this cabin - just full of so many great pieces. Your Dad looks so comfortable sitting on the porch. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the best kind of project. Doing something for someone you love. Restoring an old treasure. Well done. I love all of the photos.

    ReplyDelete