Monday, April 24, 2017

WHAT TO DO WITH A LEAKY CHICKEN WATERER.


A while back I bought a chicken waterer on sale for half price.
Every thing looked ok so I just thought it was a good deal.
Well it wasn't. The water flow wouldn't work properly.
So I put it aside for months.
Well the other day I decided to repurpose it in a different way.
Here it is in its intended form.


I took it apart and used the bottom as a planter.
I filled it full of dirt and planted oregano.
I also put extra holes in the tray so I wouldn't
have standing water. 


I think it looks pretty good.
I sat it by the coop door and can just pinch off some
oregano for the group.


For the next project I used the top and punched
holes all along the bottom. I used an awl,
hammer and a brick for support.


I had a lot of beads and such left over from
when I made my wine bottle chimes.
Someone photo bombed this picture:)


So I just started stringing them up
all along the bottom.


Here's a close up.



And of course I hung it on the chicken coop.


It was a fun project and I was able to reuse a useless waterer.
Hope you found some inspiration in it.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith;
be men of courage; be strong.

1 Corinthians 16:13

check me out on Instagram: moonbeam276

10 comments:

  1. Nice idea!
    I came from Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.. have a pleaseant week-end!
    Roberta
    La Sportina
    http://ideeroberta.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reusing something is how I love to get rid of things that just didn't work for its intended purpose. I just wish that my creative juices would flow better when I needed them to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great upcycle! And you're right -- where else would you hang it but on the chicken house lol? Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen | Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It is always so nice when you can upcycle items into great new ones.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party. Hope you come back next week so I can stop by again. I hope you will stop by Thursday Favorite Things tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Thanks for sharing at Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I'd used the bottom for a painter but was flummoxed with what to do with the top--now I KNOW what I am doing! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute-that was an exellent idea for what was a broken waterer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sweet Lyn, I'm just writing this to let you know that you are missed and I know that I am not the only one. Your sweet blog is always so inspiring. I hope that your being away isn't because of any sad news, but instead because you're having so much fun living life, that there is no time to blog :) Bravo!
    Love ya,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. Your sweet comments made my day. I do plan on posting something this week if I can get my act together:) . You have given me the push I need. Thank you so much.

      Delete