Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A MOON MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas.
Thought I'd share a few of my Christmas decorations.
Hope you enjoy.

First up is our big Christmas tree in the dining room.


Here's a close up of the tree topper.


Next is the mantel in the dining room.
The mantel itself is made of a solid piece of thick walnut that my dad had in his shop 32 years ago.
One side has the natural curve of the tree and the side against the wall is straight.
Years ago this was a living room. Since we turned it into our dining room
we can fit 18-20 people pretty comfortably.
I decorate it for every season.
I thought this scene would take me completely through the winter.
Not just for Christmas.


Here's a close up of the deer family.


And the baby.

This is my pottery nativity scene that I've had for years.
I painted a star to shine over the scene.
It's really sparkly in real life but it's hard to see in this picture.


Here's a close up of the pottery angels I've collected over the years.



And a closer look at the nativity.







This is a window in my great room.
I leave the lighted tree up all year.
It looks so pretty in the evening, or a rainy day.


I hung a few of my sparkly ornaments on my chandelier in the dining room.


On my dining room table this year I used a metal arrangement of bird nests.
All of them are attached with metal leaves.
I've decorated them with ivy and other things in the past, 
but this year I just glued some sparkly bead garland around the nest
and around the votive holders in the color of my choice.
I also sprayed the votive holders in a mirror paint.


Here's a close up of the nest where you can see the beads better.


This arrangement sits in front of the logs (of course when they're not on)
in the dining room.

This is my feathered snow owl.
I set him in a lantern with lights, greenery and white pine cones.


This is an arrangement I have in my powder bathroom.


One of my favorite things is this frog mirror.
I just put a collection of mercury glass trees in front of it.
I think the reflection of the trees in the mirror looks really pretty.


And I've decided to save the best two pictures for last.

First up is our growing girl
Maggie.
In five weeks she's tripled in size.
She's the sweetest thing.


And next up is
Cocoa.
Talk about a cutie pie.
Just look into those eyes.


I hope you enjoyed a few decorations from around my house.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.

Luke 2:14



10 comments:

  1. The owl in the lantern is my favorite piece! That baby fawn is a close second. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deer family is so precious looks like home made but those two little pups are to die for you are so lucky to have these little fur babies I bet they are alot of fun together.Merry Christmas.Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. We do feel lucky to have our fur babies. They don't always play well together though. Since Cocoa is over 11 years old she can only take a little of Maggies' puppy energy. Merry Christmas to you also.

      Delete
  3. o.k. - I love Cocoa - what a face!!! I have a soft spot for wirey haired, big eyed, dogs! I was going to say, lovely decorations too...but when I saw that face, oh my she overshadowed it......cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. She is a cutie pie isn't she.

      Delete
  4. All your decorations look great!!! Maggie must grow daily because she is even bigger than when I saw her Saturday! And what a great pic of sweet little Cocoa! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decor, but your pups STOLE my heart! :-D

    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Cocoa and Maggie are adorable aren't they.

      Delete